At BPTN – Black Professionals in Tech Network we’re pushing the future of tech forward by creating a space for Black professionals in tech to gather, grow and evolve – all while being a conduit for companies to engage this talent across North America.
We’re here to help Black professionals network, connect with one another, share resources, and grow their careers. Our rapidly growing network counts over 50,000 Black professionals. We provide our members with access to mentorship, skill-building opportunities, and a strong peer network to support professional growth and advancement.
Our client is growing fast (over 100% last year) and have important roles to fill! They love live entertainment and bringing fans together for the best moments of their lives; virtual & in-person events.
· Writing new React components with our GraphQL API, building new features, and maintaining existing ones
· Architecting new back-end data models and services in Ruby on Rails and Elixir Phoenix
· Maintaining a positive, productive, and healthy environment on your team
· Working closely with Product Managers and Designers to find the best solutions
· Pair-programming with talented developers
· Providing mentorship and career guidance to other developers
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (or TECHNICAL SKILLS)
· Experience with Ruby on Rails and React is a must and will enable you to hit the ground running!
· Effective communicator, written and oral, as this role will be working closely with people from all over the organization
· An independent, fast-learning, self-starter who takes ownership over solving hard problems
· Empathy and interest in supporting and growing your teammates and yourself via feedback, pairing, and code reviews
· Experience with any of the following technologies is a bonus: Elixir, GraphQL. Mongo, Postgres, Elastic, Redis, Java, and Kafka (or similar)