Simply put, BPTN is growing! As a start-up, we’ve experienced tremendous growth over the past few years, so it only makes sense that we expand the dream team! This is where you come in. We are looking for a Lead Faculty, Full Stack Developer Bootcamp Course to join our dynamic Obsidi Academy team. **** This position is offered as a contract.
We are building a global network focused on solving the “Network Gap '' in Tech, our Obsidi.com is the platform that enables us to be a part of the solution. With the growth of the platform, we are adding a transformational new product to help bring net-new talent into the tech industry, through reskilling of professionals looking to make a pivot into tech.
Starting with our Full stack Developer Bootcamp Course, we will put $16.1M/yr in salary into Black and other underserved communities. We want to bring on a teaching professional with the skills, hustle, and experience to elevate and finesse our Full stack Developer bootcamp. This is an opportunity to play a critical role in the facilitation and delivery of our bootcamp. As our Lead Faculty, you’ll be an integral part in delivering course content to online learners with a focus on delivering a learning experience that enables the learner to achieve the desired learning outcomes.
Everything you do will help the company meet its objective of supporting Black tech professionals by connecting them to the resources they need to succeed. In the larger BPTN team, you’ll experience what it’s like to work in a supportive community of people who are all striving for excellence. With an attentive Senior Leadership Team, you’ll feel valued, heard, and recognized at every stage in your workflow. In addition, there are ongoing development opportunities for you to grow as a professional and reach new levels.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
Curriculum development and supports:
- Be the subject matter expert during the overall content and curriculum development process.
- Lead the development of learning outcomes and technical teaching requirements.
- Help hire and train up other contract faculty members.
- Support the learning experience designer in course development.
- Responsible for teaching one course a semester.
- Guide students through a rigorous, transformational journey towards mastery in software development.
- Inspire and support students as they identify their passions and drive their own continued learning beyond the curriculum.
- Adapt our global curriculum and use it to guide your teaching, building your own lesson plans as needed and communicate back your lessons learned over time.
- Remain current in technical knowledge and instructional delivery techniques.
- Facilitate a safe, supportive, and energetic community that welcomes the various needs and learning styles of your students.
- Foster cultural diversity in the learning environment through various tried approaches.
- Critically examine learning materials and classroom instructional practice for discriminatory bias or barriers.
- Through various teaching techniques, understand and meet the needs for ESL and students with learning disabilities.
- Apply various theories of motivation and teaching to your class such as Maslow’s, Bandura’s Social Learning Theory and Bloom’s Taxonomy of Learning.
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Programming or Web Development.
- Certificate or diploma in Teaching Adults an asset.
We are looking for someone who embodies the following:
- 10+ years of experience working as a Full Stack developer.
- 2+ years of experience as a software trainer.
- 3+ years of experience designing training experiences and lessons
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Working experience in both front-end and back-end development, and are fluent in HTML and CSS.
Why You should Work at Black Professionals in Tech Network (BPTN):
If you’re looking for a work environment where you can grow and develop both personally and professionally while delivering value to others, then BPTN is the place to be!
At BPTN, we are all about community. Not only do we work hard to empower Black tech professionals, but we work together to support each other in all that we do. We are motivated by something bigger than ourselves, namely our mission to push the future of tech forward by creating a space for Black tech professionals to gather, grow and evolve. With an inspirational team and a solid list of goals, your career at BPTN will be fun, challenging, and rewarding. Plus, we’ve got a pretty sweet benefits package!
- 1-week company closure in November to re-energize after BFUTR Summit
- 2-week office closure for December holidays
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- $500 – $750 Lifestyle spending account
- 2 paid mental health days
- 5 paid bereavement days
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications
- Extensive Health Benefits
- Flexible work hours
- Hybrid role (work from anywhere in North America)
- Group retirement savings and employer-matched RRSP contributions
- Supplemental Maternity & Parental leave top-up benefit: duration of 20 weeks, top-up 80% of base salary.
At BPTN, we embrace differences. We’ve created a safe space where all voices are equal because beautiful things happen when everyone feels like they’re part of the team. We’re committed to openness, curiosity, and creating an inclusive culture because we know that diverse teams build better products and generate better ideas. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.