At BPTN – Black Professionals in Tech Network we’re pushing the future of tech forward by creating a space for Black professionals in tech to gather, grow and evolve – all while being a conduit for companies to engage this talent across North America.
We’re here to help Black professionals network, connect with one another, share resources, and grow their careers. Our rapidly growing network counts over 50,000 Black professionals. We provide our members with access to mentorship, skill-building opportunities, and a strong peer network to support professional growth and advancement.
Our client is growing fast (over 100% last year) and have important roles to fill! We love live entertainment and bringing fans together for the best moments of their lives.
As a Software Engineer, you will apply your passion for technology and live experiences as we work together to build a world-class Event Ticketing platform. In this deeply technical position, business-minded position, you’ll evolve your front-end and back-end systems and level-up your own skillset. You’ll be challenged with the rewarding tasks of understanding our customers with strong empathy, curating a fantastic product experience, and championing our vision to new heights.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Writing new React components with our GraphQL API, building new features, and maintaining existing ones
- Architecting new back-end data models and services in Ruby on Rails and Elixir Phoenix
- Testing your code with automation
- Pair-programming with talented developers
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (or TECHNICAL SKILLS)
· Minimum of 1 year of professional experience working as a Software Developer
· Experience working with productive software engineering teams and writing high-quality software
· Any experience with Ruby on Rails and React (or similar) that will enable you to hit the ground running is an asset
· Effective communicator, written and oral, as this role will be working closely with people from all over the organization
· An independent, fast-learning, self-starter who takes ownership over solving hard problems
· Experience with any of the following technologies is a bonus: Elixir, GraphQL. Mongo, Postgres, Elastic, Redic, Java, and Kafka (or similar)