At BPTN – Black Professionals in Tech Network we’re pushing the future of tech forward by creating a space for Black professionals in tech to gather, grow and evolve – all while being a conduit for companies to engage this talent across North America.
We’re here to help Black professionals network, connect with one another, share resources, and grow their careers. Our rapidly growing network counts over 50,000 Black professionals. We provide our members with access to mentorship, skill-building opportunities, and a strong peer network to support professional growth and advancement.
Our client is growing fast (over 100% last year) and have important roles to fill! They love live entertainment and bringing fans together for the best moments of their lives; virtual & in-person events.
The Software Engineer will provide high-quality technological solutions that address business needs for company’s web-based ticketing platform and mobile apps. This includes the development of a core set of new features, along with maintenance of existing modules. The candidate will participate in design sessions, work closely with product 6 other non-technical staff, perform heads-down development, write unit tests, work with QA on test plans, and create necessary documentation.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Write well-designed, efficient code with unit tests, logging and comments
- Create and document technical designs, architecture & implementation strategy by creating Data flow diagrams, Flowcharts, Sequence diagrams, etc.
- Participate in SDLC processes like stand-ups, status meetings, grooming, release planning, etc.
- Participate in project brainstorming sessions and work with Product and Development teams to understand business requirements and provide feedback
- Participate in code reviews, and mentor junior engineers through design & code reviews
- Deliver project on time with high quality
- Take on DevOps responsibilities by participating in on-call rotation with other team members and owning mitigation of service interruptions and application support 6 code release
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (or TECHNICAL SKILLS)
- A Bachelor‘s Degree in CS/Information Systems or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of professional hands-on Java experience
- Master’s Degree is an asset, but not required
- Proficiency with modern object-oriented programming languages such as Java
- Understanding of Linux & infrastructure & AWS ecosystem
- Experience with JS frameworks such as Angular, Ember, React or Polymer
- Development Spring or other IOC framework
- Demonstrated knowledge with NoSQL/Relational DB skills
- Experience with Git/SVN repositories
- Knowledge of design patterns
- Knowledge of Build tools such as Maven/Gradle
- Cross-browser front-end experience (eg. CSS/JS/DOM/Ajax)
- COVID-19 vaccination will be required for this position, subject to legally entitled accommodations