The software development team of the Video Technology group designs and builds backend software components for the Fibe TV, Alt TV and Satellite TV lines of business.
Our product portfolio covers a broad range of TV-related functions including live rights management, Video on Demand (VoD), video delivery, service provisioning, authentication, authorizations and much more. Our team is composed of highly skilled professionals, always striving to build top-of-the-line software based on the highest industry standards.
We constantly improve our ways of working to build services that are reliable and highly scalable
- Design and implement software solutions, leveraging the best development practices and testing strategies
- Participate in the design and architecture phases
- Contribute to the testing, deployment and monitoring of software components
- Contribute to the enhancement of the platform, operational processes and tools
- You will interact with developers co-located in an agile environment, work in an open space and work with extremely talented people DevOps.
- We are committed to our practices and tools – CI/CD, containers, micro-services, Infra-As-Code Technology.
- You will deal with a variety of innovative software technologies that will shape how Bell is transforming the television market. Connect with people from different fields.
- You will connect business vocabulary, product strategy and technical jargon; sharpen your skills with the latest technologies, with access to vast resources.
- Embody and advocate a culture of quality code development Openly expose problems and turn them into learning and team bonding experience Work with multi-disciplined colleagues.
- A University degree in software/computer engineering, computer science
- A candidate with 1-5 years of software development
- Expert skills in an Object-Oriented language, preferably Java or C#
- Strong experience with unit testing, Test-Driven Development, code review, continuous integration, continuous delivery & DevOps practices.
- Excellent understanding of Object-Oriented principles, Design Patterns and software engineering best practices
- Experience with non-SQL databases (MongoDB) and real-time stream processing (Kafka).
- Good knowledge of web development technologies and protocols: HTTP, gRPC, RESTful services, Angular, Bootstrap
- You can quickly learn and adapt to new technologies, and you have a strong aptitude for innovation
- You are a team player who can define, establish and communicate their long term vision, who is adaptable to uncertain and changing needs
- You are a candidate with strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills (A good sense of humor is a bonus!) You’re bilingual (French/English)
- Practical experience in Ansible, Go, Node.JS, Typescript .
- Practical experience in Domain Driven Design
- Computer Security knowledge
- Strong IP networking skills
- Exposure to Agile methodologies (Scrum/Kanban)
- Ability to lead technical teams through design and implementation
- Experience with container environment: Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular – Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Quebec : Quebec City || Canada : New Brunswick : Moncton || Canada : New Brunswick : Saint John || Canada : Ontario : Ottawa || Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Quebec : Gatineau || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Flexible work profile : Mobile
Application Deadline: 06/19/2022
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.