At BPTN – Black Professionals in Tech Network we’re pushing the future of tech forward by creating a space for Black professionals in tech to gather, grow and evolve – all while being a conduit for companies to engage this talent across North America.
We’re here to help Black professionals network, connect with one another, share resources and grow their careers. Our rapidly growing network counts over 50,000 Black professionals. We provide our members with access to mentorship, skill-building opportunities, and a strong peer network to support professional growth and advancement.
Our client is looking for an Intermediate Software Engineer who will influence engineering decisions and writing production code that will definitely be used by hundreds of thousands of passionate users!
- Develop high performance Ruby on Rails and front-end code for web-based applications
- Opportunity to work in mobile development (Android/iOS)
- Opportunity to contribute to product strategy / vision and user experience if interested
- Independent research and selection of best tools / methods of implementation to solve problems
- Quality assurance and testing of own work
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) from an accredited University
- Agile, competent programmer and problem solver
- Knowledgeable about newest trends and best practices / plugins
- Ambition to work hard in order to make an impact
- Evidence of independence and self-starter attitude
- Propensity to always want to learn and improve
- Ability to work across the entire web stack (we don't pigeonhole here!)
- 3+ years experience with Ruby on Rails (or similar MVC setup)
- Strong preference for proven experience with React
- Toronto, ON