At BPTN – Black Professionals in Tech Network we’re pushing the future of tech forward by creating a space for Black professionals in tech to gather, grow and evolve – all while being a conduit for companies to engage this talent across North America.
We’re here to help Black professionals network, connect with one another, share resources and grow their careers. Our rapidly growing network counts over 50,000 Black professionals. We provide our members with access to mentorship, skill-building opportunities, and a strong peer network to support professional growth and advancement.
Our client is looking for an Infrastructure Specialist to join their Service Delivery Environment team!
- Support/Monitor SDE/RHSI in a 7/24 environment
- Take ownership and strive to do work you’re proud of. You believe in spreading (and acquiring) knowledge through collaboration
- Write automation code for troubleshooting and monitoring infrastructure at scale.
- Running high availability services in a production environment.
- Be available for On-Call duties
- Document all MOPs and processes.
- Understanding network security authentication and authorization as it relates to network flows and the delivery of applications and services
- Work effectively as a team, supporting other members of the team in achieving
- Support a positive work environment that promotes customer service, quality, innovation and teamwork and ensure timely communication of issues/ points of interest.
- Ensure effective change management discipline is used.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Server and Network infrastructure.
- Bachelors in Engineering or similar discipline.
- Experience or certification with Cloud Computing platforms like Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Advanced knowledge of network and Internet Protocols (i.e.: DNS, RADIUS, SMTP, POP3, IMAP, HTTP, HTTPS, NNTP, NTP, NFS, SNMP, LDAP, BGP, OSPF etc.), analysis, deep packet inspections.
- Competency in listed scripting language (PowerShell, Python, C++, etc.)
- Ability to write SQL queries
- CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional).
- CISSP (Nice to have).
- CEH (Nice to have).
- Ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to explain technical concepts in business terms
- Willingness to learn new technologies and maintain industry knowledge.
- Toronto, ON