At BPTN – Black Professionals in Tech Network we’re pushing the future of tech forward by creating a space for Black professionals in tech to gather, grow and evolve – all while being a conduit for companies to engage this talent across North America.
We’re here to help Black professionals network, connect with one another, share resources and grow their careers. Our rapidly growing network counts over 50,000 Black professionals. We provide our members with access to mentorship, skill-building opportunities, and a strong peer network to support professional growth and advancement.
Our client is looking for a Full Stack Software Developer who will produce scalable software solutions working collaboratively with internal teams throughout the software-development life cycle. This position will utilize various front- and back-end programming languages to produce a user-friendly experience and effective functionality for the company’s applications.
- Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications that satisfy customer requirements.
- Collaborate with internal teams to establish software solutions and objectives.
- Perform Test-Driven and Security-Driven Development.
- Conduct comprehensive testing and code reviews to ensure that industry coding standards are followed.
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software to identify areas of improvement.
- Participate in development of prototypes, minimum viable products and PoCs.
- Provide design documentation to ensure efficient maintenance and code reuse.
- Degree/Diploma in Computer Science, Math, Software Engineering or a related field preferred.
- Proven experience as a Full Stack Developer or similar role.
- Knowledge of multiple back-end languages (e.g. C#, Java, Python). Experience with Python, Google Compute Engine and Google BigQuery.
- Experience with SQL Server and Postgres database design, optimization and writing queries.
- Proficiency in Git, e.g., comfortable with resolving merge conflicts, renaming branches, etc.
- Experience working in .NET environments.
- High accuracy and meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to problem-solve to well-judged decisions.
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- A strong team-player with the ability to engage with all levels of the organization.
- Technical competence using software programs, including, but not limited to, Google Suite for business (Sheets, Docs, Slides).
- Entrepreneurial mindset and comfortable in a flat organization.
- Remote , Canada
- Oakville, ON, Canada