Simply put, BPTN is growing! As a start-up, we’ve experienced tremendous growth over the past few years, so it only makes sense that we expand the dream team! This is where you come in.
We are looking for a Full Stack Developer to join our dynamic Engineering team. We are building a global network and want to bring on a technology enthusiast professional with the brains, hustle, and experience to elevate and finesse our product software process. This is a ground-level opportunity to play a critical role in developing the enabling technologies necessary to launch BPTN products and services from scratch and make our processes better, faster, and easier for everyone. As our Full Stack Developer, you’ll be an integral part of the defining, communication, and executing the product vision and strategy on a platform that will feature multiple products under its umbrella. Everything you do will help the company meet its objective of supporting Black tech professionals by connecting them to the resources they need to succeed. In the larger BPTN team, you’ll experience what it’s like to work in a supportive community of people who are all striving for excellence. With an attentive Senior Leadership Team, you’ll feel valued, heard, and recognized at every stage in your workflow. In addition, there are ongoing development opportunities for you to grow as a professional and reach new levels.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
• You will design, code, and test software features while seeking optimal performance and code structure
• Employ a straightforward development process aiming at reusable, optimal, maintainable
solutions that will enhance the platform’s quality
• Support the functionality of developed applications in all environments through interaction with Development teams and/or set up of continuous integration and deployment tools
• Participates in project teams, design reviews, and provide time estimates for assigned development
• Identify and troubleshoot system deficiencies and recommend solutions
• Designs and executes test cases for unit and feature testing
• Actively contributes to the corporate knowledge base
• Maintain excellent knowledge on the domain activity
• Leads by example in executing high-quality stories
• Mentor and direct the Junior developers
• Responsible for delivering code in production using our continuous integration platform.
• Share acquired skills with team members through formal and informal channels
· Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, Programming or Web Development
We are looking for someone who embodies the following:
• 2 to 3 years of experience with Web development using ReactJS, NodeJS and Typescript
• Strong knowledge of ReactJS, NodeJS and Typescript
• Good understanding of Agile/Scrum processes and experience participating in an agile team
• Experience building successful production software systems
• Proactive and willing to pitch new ideas/process/systems/resources, internally and externally
• Possess the ability to work effectively in a team environment, as well as independently with
• Experience in developing APIs and integration with 3rd party systems, networks, and
NICE TO HAVES:
• Strong testing (unit, integration, and UI), configuration, and deployment skills.
• Passion for UX, UI, data, and building things
• Good understanding of service-oriented architecture, object-oriented design, functional
programming, and unit testing in a test-driven development.
• Ability to work with Unix commands and shell scripting
– 1-week company closure in November to re-energize after BFUTR Summit
– 2-week office closure for December holidays
– 3 weeks paid vacation
– $500 Lifestyle spending account
– 2 paid mental health days
– 5 paid bereavement days
– Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications
– Extensive Health Benefits
– Flexible work hours
– Hybrid role (work from anywhere in North America)
– Group retirement savings and employer-matched RRSP contributions
– Supplemental Maternity & Parental leave top-up benefit: duration of 20 weeks, top-up 80% of base salary.