BPTN is on a major growth path and hiring!!
The Black Professionals in Tech Network (BPTN), is on a mission to get more Black professionals in and into leadership within leading tech companies. We are changing the conversation – There is no “Pipeline problem” for tech talent, there is a Network problem, and we are focusing on solving that!! Come join us.
We are building BPTN 2.0!!!
With the tremendous growth BPTN has seen since its inception, we are now taking the next steps in meeting the ecosystem demand by building a global platform to change how Black professionals are engaged! This is a digital platform for the ages, and we are excited to find a brilliant mind to lead.
BPTN is currently looking for a Senior Full-Stack Developer to join our product team; As a member of the development team, your main focus will be to design and develop new features on both the front- and back-end of our software suite. And, because you are a technology enthusiast, you will probably want to tweak and maintain our existing feature set as well! You will get to participate in sprints where you will be encouraged to share your ideas and knowledge with your team. You will be working in a dynamic and peer-driven environment where you will play with all the latest and greatest hardware and software!
You will play a critical role in defining, communicating, and executing the product vision and strategy on a platform that will feature multiple products under its umbrella. This Senior Full-Stack Developer will have solid technical and analytical skills with strong business acumen. In this role, you’ll work with Engineering, Design, Operations and various internal and external stakeholders across the company to understand the needs of Black Professionals, and build a strategic roadmap.
Core Responsibilities and Essential Functions
You will collaborate with our Head of Product, Sr. Product Manager, Software Architect and development team in developing the enabling technologies necessary to launch BPTN Products and services from scratch, and make our processes better, faster and easier for everyone while guarding the overall experience of Black Professionals and Partners.
- You will design, code, and test software features while seeking optimal performance and code structure
- Employ a straightforward development process aiming at reusable, optimal, maintainable solutions that will enhance the platform’s quality
- Support the functionality of developed applications in all environments through interaction with Development teams and/or set up of continuous integration and deployment tools
- Participates in project teams, design reviews, and provide time estimates for assigned development
- Identify and troubleshoot system deficiencies and recommend solutions
- Designs and executes test cases for unit and feature testing
- Actively contributes to the corporate knowledge base
- Maintain excellent knowledge on the domain activity
- Leads by example in executing high-quality stories
- Mentor and direct the Junior devs
- Responsible for delivering code in production using our continuous integration platform.
- Share acquired skills with team members through formal and informal channels
Who you are
- Good understanding of Agile/Scrum processes and experience participating in an agile team
- Strong passion for UX, UI, data and building things
- Experience building successful production software systems
- Proactive and willing to pitch new ideas/process/systems/resources, internally and externally
- Familiarity with parsing JSON / XML using client-side and server-side frameworks
- Ability to work with Unix commands and shell scripting
- Experience in developing APIs and integration with 3rd party systems, networks, and applications (Visual Studio, GraphQL and REST)
- Very strong testing (unit, integration, and UI), configuration, and deployment skills.
- Possess the ability to work effectively in a team environment, as well as independently with minimal direction
- Excellent understanding of service-oriented architecture, object-oriented design, functional programming, and unit testing in a test-driven development
Why Black Professionals in Tech (BPTN)?
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-paced Startup with a dream team. At BPTN, we embrace differences. We create a space where all voices can be heard so that we can all do our life's best work. We’re committed to openness, curiosity and creating an inclusive culture as we know that diverse teams build better products and generate better ideas. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
- 1-week company closure in November to re-energize
- 2-week office closure in December for holidays
- 3-4 weeks paid vacation
- $500-$750 Lifestyle spending account
- 2 paid mental health days
- 5 days paid bereavement
- Competitive salary
- Health Benefits
- Flexible work hours
- Remote/ Hybrid roles (work from anywhere in North America)
- Supplemental Maternity & Parental leave top-up benefit. – Duration 20 weeks, top-up 80% of base salary.