The Black Professionals in Tech Network (BPTN) is bridging the network gap between Black talent and career opportunities across North America. We’re here to help Black professionals network, connect with one another, share resources and grow their careers.
Our client is in the insurance industry and has been recognized as a Top 20 Employer for the Kitchener/Waterloo region and as one of Canada’s Greenest Employers by the Canada’s Top 100 Employers. They are a general reinsurer, sharing in the property, automobile, liability and other risks originally accepted by insurance companies operating principally in Canada and the United States.
The Front-End Software Developer’s primary responsibility will be to collaborate on projects of all sizes to provide software design and development and support deliverable and/or project objectives.
We may require you to work nights, weekends, or holidays on a rotational basis to ensure 24×7 coverage. This position will have flexibility with remote/in-office presence or scheduling as needed.
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Work with agile teams as they perform feature level design, development, testing, performance analysis and documentation to ensure that software meets business needs
- Provide front-end architecture and aesthetic guidance and leadership. Maintain and extend style guides and templates for scalability across application use
- Complete front-end development and code reviews, including new application builds, maintaining existing code and refactor to meet deadlines or to increase maintainability, performance, and responsiveness
- Collaborate with team to innovate, develop, research, recommend, communicate, and maintain front end dev standards, technologies, and tools.
- Build, plan, and manage rolling out changes; provide mentoring and best practices for Front End development for team growth
- Participate in building and applying processes for our Agile and SDLC practices
- Translate mock-ups and wireframes into clean, maintainable code
- Support for deployment and maintenance applications
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
Your Skills and Qualifications:
- 4+ years of Front-End UI Architecture Design – Development Experience
- 2+ years experience in .Net platform in developing web applications
- Extensive expertise using script frameworks: AngularJS (Nice to have: ReactJS / Redux lifecyclesNode.js)
- Ability to build responsive, cross-browser, highly-performant, and accessibility compliant applications
- Proficient in using built-in browser tools like Chrome Developer Tools
- Experience in NPM, node and other similar build tools.
- Experience with browser-based debugging and performance testing software
- Experience evaluating component libraries and choosing the best toolkit for the job
- Experience in automated testing of UI in a micro-service environment
- Strong working experience with version control (Git) and branching strategies
- Strong experience with publishing and consuming REST APIs
- Have a deep understanding of modern web development techniques and how to apply new technologies to improve the architecture and boost page speed
- Experience with Agile Software Development
- Must possess excellent communication skills and must be a quick learner with organized problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Degree in Computer Science, User Experience Design, or equivalent experience