Simply put, BPTN is growing! As a start-up, we’ve experienced tremendous growth over the past few
years, so it only makes sense that we expand the dream team! This is where you come in.
We are looking for a Director of Learning Experience to join our dynamic Obsidi Academy team. We are building a global network focused on solving the “Network Gap; in Tech, our Obsidi.com is the platform that enables us to be a part of the solution. With the growth of the platform, we are adding a transformational new product to help bring net-new talent into the tech industry, through reskilling of professionals looking to make a pivot into tech.
Starting with our Full stack Developer bootcamp Course, we will put $16.1M/yr in salary into Black and other underserved communities. We want to bring on a learning experience professional with the skills, hustle, and experience to elevate and finesse our online learning experience. This is an experienced level opportunity to play a critical role in the development and delivery of our online education. As our Director of Learning Experience, you’ll be an integral part in establishing the learning objectives for the online education process with a focus on driving the learning experience. Everything you do will help the company meet its objective of supporting Black tech professionals by connecting them to the resources they need to succeed. In the larger BPTN team, you’ll experience what it’s like to work in a supportive cross-functional community of professionals who are all striving for excellence. With an attentive Senior Leadership Team, you’ll feel valued, heard, and recognized at every stage in your workflow. In addition, there are ongoing development opportunities for you to grow as a professional and reach new levels.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Identify the best fit for learning pedagogy, experience design, learning technologies, and respective methodology to facilitate the creation of prioritized L&D solutions (i.e., technical Bootcamps, eLearning, virtual instruction, and blended learning).
- Partner with leaders to conduct affective learning and gap analysis of business and learner needs and translate into actionable development strategy, curriculum build, and learning plans.
- Lead the creation of and/or manage 3rd parties to create technical Bootcamps and respective instructor training materials and onboarding activities.
- Partner with technical (e.g., Full Stack Developer) subject matter experts to mine expert data and information for the creation, repurposing, and curation of curriculum/content to meet learning and performance objectives.
- Work cross-functionally, in an agile environment, to bring learning products to market, conduct pilots, observations, and other data collection for evidence of learning and business impact, and ROI.
- Work independently and collaboratively to deliver high quality learning interventions in ambiguous, fast paced settings.
We are looking for someone who embodies the following:
- Thrives working in a global and fast-paced start-up environment.
- 10 years of experience in instructional/learning experience design, specific to using Agile to develop, scale, and/or bring highly technical learning products to market.
- Excellent working knowledge of adult learning theories, learning design and delivery and capability development, and experience applying these for corporate/industry deliverables targeted for technical business settings.
- Sound understanding of Project Management and experience leading and coordinating project activities within an agile environment and matrix company.
- Has ease and professional presence in collaborating with subject matter experts and synthesizing feedback.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting product and learning research, including experiments, pilots, observations, and use case studies.
- Demonstrated ability to work in and lead without authority in a matrix environment.
- Delivery and outcome focused, ability to prioritize and set goals for complex, fast-paced projects.
- Knowledge of how to develop KPIs and metrics, leverage learning analytics, and apply critical / analytical thinking to identify the most appropriate solutions and document impact and ROI.
- Demonstrated experience in incorporating diversity and inclusive design into L&D products via unbiased instructional pedagogy, delivery, and methodology.
- Demonstrated experience in incorporating metacognitive strategies into L&D products to motivate and support learners to persevere through challenges.
- Passion for inspiring diverse groups of learners and an authentic desire to mentor, coach, and support learners to acquire technical and behavioural skills and growth and agile mindsets to facilitate their Bootcamp success toward becoming a valuable employee in the tech sector.
- Experience in delivering virtual training and training of trainers via a virtual learning platform (e.g., Adobe Connect, Goggle Classrooms, etc.)
- Competent user of MS 365 and Google Workspace, Asana, and Confluence.
- LMS administration experience is a plus
- Master’s degree or equivalent work experience in instructional design, learning sciences, educational psychology, adult learning, or relevant field.
- Certifications/accreditations in learning and development, Agile, Scrum, and/or Project Management
Why You should Work at Black Professionals in Tech Network (BPTN):
If you’re looking for a work environment where you can grow and develop both personally and professionally while delivering value to others, then BPTN is the place to be!
At BPTN, we are all about community. Not only do we work hard to empower Black tech professionals, but we work together to support each other in all that we do. In addition, we are motivated by something bigger than ourselves, namely our mission to push the future of tech forward by creating a space for Black tech professionals to gather, grow and evolve. With a passionate team and a solid list of goals, your career at BPTN will be fun, challenging, and rewarding. Plus, we’ve got a pretty sweet benefits package!
- 2-week office closure for December holidays
- 20 days of paid vacation
- $500 Lifestyle spending account
- 2 paid mental health days
- 5 paid bereavement days
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications
- Extensive Health Benefits
- Remote role
- Supplemental Maternity & Parental leave top-up benefit: 20 weeks, top-up 80% of base salary after one year of service.
At BPTN, we embrace differences. We’ve created a safe space where all voices are equal because beautiful things happen when everyone feels like they’re part of the team. We’re committed to openness, curiosity, and creating an inclusive culture because we know that diverse groups build better products and generate better ideas. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.