At BPTN – Black Professionals in Tech Network we’re pushing the future of tech forward by creating a space for Black professionals in tech to gather, grow and evolve – all while being a conduit for companies to engage this talent across North America.
We’re here to help Black professionals network, connect with one another, share resources and grow their careers. Our rapidly growing network counts over 50,000 Black professionals. We provide our members with access to mentorship, skill-building opportunities, and a strong peer network to support professional growth and advancement.
Our client is looking for a Director of Engineering who will be responsible for leading the engineering organization developing new products at the company. You will work closely with your managers, peers, and executives to staff teams and execute on a multifaceted product strategy.
- Hire and retain engineers and engineering leaders for your teams.
- Coach, mentor, and grow senior engineering leadership.
- Collaborate closely with your product and design leadership peers to set the product direction and vision to drive the growth of the company’s product, users, and revenue.
- Own the execution of the company’s growth vision.
- Collaborate with engineering and product leaders to influence changes to the company platform, primitives, and product to support the growth of the company’s product, users, and revenue.
- Ensure engineering excellence throughout your teams including following agile development practices, engineering and architecture best practices, and the company system design principles.
- Communicate regularly and effectively throughout our distributed organization.
- As a part of our All Hands Support initiative, help customers have the best possible experience with the company.
- You understand new product development and growth. You have an entrepreneurial approach to building products and engineering organizations from “zero” to “one”. You make the right decisions to achieve time-to-market and speed-of-learning with an eye to future growth. You can go off the beaten path to get the right outcomes and are tenacious in achieving them.
- You are outcome and customer-focused. You have a track record of deeply understanding customers and markets. You have a passion for building products that delight customers and make their jobs easier and more productive and leverage speed-to-learning to hone in on previously unmet customer needs.
- You’ve managed and scaled engineering organizations. You’ve grown engineering organizations, mentored other leaders and have seen and overcome challenges of rapid organizational growth. You excel at hiring engineers and engineering leaders that are skilled and motivated to solve customer problems.
- You can develop and sell a strategy to your team. You have a good sense of vision and strategy, you’re able to communicate it to your teams and stakeholders, and you can translate that strategy into execution. You partner closely with product management, design, marketing, and the support organizations to drive and achieve business outcomes.
- You are a skilled mentor, coach, and engineering leader. You have a passion and a track record of mentoring engineers and leaders while at the same time growing your own skills. You've introduced and broadened engineering practices and enhanced engineering cultures. You’ve led engineering teams through complex technical and architectural decisions by providing strategic guidance.
- You're a skilled written communicator. this company is a 100% remote team and writing is our primary means of communication. You'll use written summaries and reports to communicate vision, strategy, plans, findings, and results to the engineering and full company team.
- You're a champion for doing things efficiently. At this company, the work you do will have a disproportionate impact on the business. We believe in systems and processes that let us scale our impact to be larger than ourselves.
- Remote – Americas