At BPTN – Black Professionals in Tech Network we’re pushing the future of tech forward by creating a space for Black professionals in tech to gather, grow and evolve – all while being a conduit for companies to engage this talent across North America.
We’re here to help Black professionals network, connect with one another, share resources and grow their careers. Our rapidly growing network counts over 50,000 Black professionals. We provide our members with access to mentorship, skill-building opportunities, and a strong peer network to support professional growth and advancement.
Our client is looking for a Director, Development responsible for developing shared customer information for Canadian Banking Technology. This individual must therefore be able to listen and guide the extended team during planning sessions; and be able to immerse into complex customer information systems.
- Lead Customer Information teams to ensure a highly scalable, extensible, and performant solutions.
- Provide strategic solutions for our continual needs for scalability and resiliency.
- Translate resulting architecture or resulting design into capabilities and platforms that comply with existing (and evolving) standards and best practices.
- Key contributor to the overall success of the organization ensuring specific goals, plans, and initiatives are executed / delivered in alignment with the business strategies and objectives.
- Identify and prioritize opportunities to leverage platform capabilities effectively, deliver future proof technology solutions and take a leading role in initiatives to drive innovation and digital transformation throughout the Bank. This will be achieved through defining a business technology roadmap focused on customer information and intelligent interaction, API integration, Analytics and Cloud based solutions.
- Deliver on solution architecture, system and solution designs, and lead cross functional implementation of IT solutions to enable business value
- Lead the implementation of transformative technology initiatives to enable Canadian Banking Technology’s success through increased efficiency, reduced cost, faster time to market
- Champion the Canadian Banking Technology customer information and communication systems in accordance with policies including data security, scalability, integrity, accessibility and data driven decision making by buying/building/adopting the right tools, culture and processes in alignment with the Enterprise directions.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with the company’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Uses multiple strategies to attract, retain and motivate the highest caliber of Technology Talent; building a cohesive team with a shared vision. Provides strong leadership in setting the groups priorities, strategy and performance objectives. Motivates individual and team performance, knowledge sharing, interprets organizational direction, measures performance and diagnoses training and development needs.
- 10 years of experience in a leadership role with technical architecture, data, application development or delivery focus
- Experience managing operating budgets and project budgets
- Strong project management skills, able to multi-task and manage concurrent projects
- Experience with vendor product assessment & selection, vendor management & negotiating contractual terms
- Proven ability to deliver platforms and capabilities and managing solutions through the lifecycle
- Significant experience leading complex solution implementations and team sizes ranging from 50 to 100 resources
- Experience with customer information technologies.
- Deep understanding of heterogeneous infrastructure technologies, business drivers, emerging technology trends related to customer information systems – e.g. Mainframe, IBM MDM, Customer communication, Cloud, API integration, and leading transformational change incorporating modern technologies.
- Subject area experience with Financial Industry products and services preferred: Retail Banking/Lending, Commercial Banking/Lending, Credit Card Processing
- Subject area experience with anti-money laundering & KYC, compliance and regulatory requirements (such as AML, CASL, OSFI) is an asset
- Tools skills/experience in Mainframe, Midrange, Cloud (Google, Azure), PCF, Java based platforms and frameworks, APIs, Micro service architectures & cloud components.
- Considerable experience transforming a delivery team to adopt Agile principles and operate in an DevOps environment enabling CI/CD (Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery).