At BPTN – Black Professionals in Tech Network we’re pushing the future of tech forward by creating a space for Black professionals in tech to gather, grow and evolve – all while being a conduit for companies to engage this talent across North America.
We’re here to help Black professionals network, connect with one another, share resources and grow their careers. Our rapidly growing network counts over 50,000 Black professionals. We provide our members with access to mentorship, skill-building opportunities, and a strong peer network to support professional growth and advancement.
Our client is looking for a Development Manager (Hospitality) who will take ownership of the systems and architecture that power a significant portion of the company’s revenue in the Hospitality business unit! You will take an active role in driving a newly formed engineering team dedicated to this infrastructure.
- Drive development of scalable and maintainable architectures
- Engender trust as lead and partner of development team
- Work closely with other teams, architects, product managers and the engineering leaders to align on approach and priorities
- Guide, motivate, and grow your team of senior developers as they solve complex business problems
- Contribute to continuous improvement of our software delivery processes and practices
- Experience leading a team of developers through successful software projects
- Strong experience delivering and managing horizontally scalable systems in production;
- Advanced skills in Ruby and ideally one other backend language (Java)
- Hands-on knowledge of major cloud services like AWS, GCP and Azure
- Professional experience with relational datastores
- A good understanding of Agile development and continuous delivery best practices
- Curiosity and passion for diving into stimulating challenges
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Ability to provide coaching, mentoring and context to team members
Nice To Have
- Interest in eCommerce and POS systems
- Experience building scalable SaaS solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent
- Toronto, ON
- Ottawa, ON
- Montreal, QC