At BPTN – Black Professionals in Tech Network we’re pushing the future of tech forward by creating a space for Black professionals in tech to gather, grow and evolve – all while being a conduit for companies to engage this talent across North America.
We’re here to help Black professionals network, connect with one another, share resources and grow their careers. Our rapidly growing network counts over 50,000 Black professionals. We provide our members with access to mentorship, skill-building opportunities, and a strong peer network to support professional growth and advancement.
Our client is looking for a Data Scientist to join their team!
- Monitor and deploy within the production data science environment using best practices, pipeline controls, and clear documentation around intent and usage of model or algorithm.
- Research, design, and construct predictive models to enhance understanding of core business and adjacent opportunities. Design and implement solutions that can measurably improve business performance in the business context.
- Partner with data engineering and data analytics teams to ensure that data structures and data pipeline enhances data science applications and shortens development cycle.
- Use robust statistical techniques to increase accuracy for existing projects and create solutions for adoption in business context knowingly increase performance.
- Lead in tuning and refining the deployment of models in a variety of environments ensuring that the business context matches the performance of the model and that the cost of running aligns with the need.
- Collaborate with different functional teams to promote structured pipeline deployment of data science to ensure consistency, security, resiliency of the system.
- Collaborate with business teams in the centre of excellence on data science sharing best practice, new approaches, and successes
- Actively build business and technical understanding to enhance solution development and create opportunities to enhance business processes and overall performance.
- Masters degree in in a quantitative field required, or equivalent work experience. PhD considered an asset
- Experience in Databricks
- Experience in Spark, Pyspark, SQL, Python
- Experience in Azure
- Experience in Power BI, Tableau
- Experience in Machine Learning methodologies and has experience building production grade solutions
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in analytics, data science, computer engineering, database management
- Proficient in multiple programming languages and can code with no oversight.
- Experience in production data science pipeline management and deployment of models in a production environment.
• Highly proficient in leading large scale projects or significant project steps and communicating progress/approach with technical/non-technical peers/clients and leaders.
- Proficiency in payment systems is an asset
- Toronto, ON