At BPTN – Black Professionals in Tech Network we’re pushing the future of tech forward by creating a space for Black professionals in tech to gather, grow and evolve – all while being a conduit for companies to engage this talent across North America.
We’re here to help Black professionals network, connect with one another, share resources and grow their careers. Our rapidly growing network counts over 50,000 Black professionals. We provide our members with access to mentorship, skill-building opportunities, and a strong peer network to support professional growth and advancement.
Our client is looking for a Data Scientist who will be responsible for both practical and R&D efforts.
- You will work closely with other data scientists, the product team, and engineering, to ensure a seamless delivery of ML products applied to complex and very large datasets. You will get an amazing opportunity to work on cutting edge data science platforms built on serverless AWS streaming architecture.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Information Technology, or related technical or quantitative discipline/field
- Curious about business industry and product development
- Cross-functional collaboration experience
- Ability to research and present to the team on latest technological and data science topics
- 3+ years of “hands-on” experience in several of the following:
- Significant experience in popular Python packages such as numpy, pandas, sk-learn, xgboost
- Experience manipulating data in Spark
- Previous experience working with SQL and NoSQL databases (such as DynamoDB)
- Experience delivering, evaluating, and iterating on models in production
- Conceptual understanding of statistical methodologies and many machine learning algorithms with demonstrated application
- Data visualization experience with packages such as matplotlib, plot.ly
Nice to Have
- Experience with some of the following specializations: anomaly detection, network analysis and active learning
- Previous hands-on experience in Docker and AWS Sagemaker
- Familiarity with Tensorflow/Keras
- Remote – United States