What is the opportunity?
In this role as a Data Scientist, you will analyze, design, and implement data science/machine learning solutions using RBC’s enterprise suite of analytics tools. The group specializes in taking full advantage of large data sets to explore and discover new insights that would have not been possible with traditional analytics. Leveraging leading-edge technologies and capabilities, the group applies machine learning and statistical modeling techniques to help RBC understand the changing business environment, discover new growth opportunities and determine where business improvements can be made.
What will you do?
- Analyze data using statistical, machine learning, and analytics techniques to solve complex problems, discover insights, and identify business opportunities.
- Build statistical and machine learning models to test business hypotheses.
- Collaborate with business partners to produce insights from business-defined requirements and hypotheses
- Quickly learn new methods, tools, and technologies presented in research communities to implement, adapt and innovate
- Effectively communicate findings to business partners and executives.
What do you need to succeed?
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, Sociology, Psychology
- 1+ years of experience in data solutions and applying data techniques.
- Knowledge of design, development, and implementation experience utilizing data science technologies.
- 1+ years of experience in machine learning, predictive analytics, and statistical modeling.
- Experience with programming and scripting languages Python, R, Java, and SQL.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, time management, and organizational skills.
Nice to have:
- Familiar with a range of data tools.
- Experience in programming, scripting languages, and data visualization.
- Familiar with a Linux environment and shell scripting.
- Familiar with data extract, transform, and load processes with a variety of data types.
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work
RBC requires as a condition of employment that all successful candidates in the United States and Canada be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date, and may require proof of the same. Reasonable accommodation is available where required by law.
RBC exige, à titre de condition d’emploi, que tous les candidats retenus aux États-Unis ou au Canada soient entièrement vaccinés contre la COVID-19 avant leur date d’entrée en fonction. Il est possible qu’ils aient à présenter une preuve vaccinale. Des mesures raisonnables d’adaptation sont offertes lorsque la loi l’exige
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at jobs.rbc.com.