What you’ll be doing
You’ll be joining CIBC’s Infrastructure Operations. You’ll be responsible for providing investigation and second level support on client issues, technical issues, system/web site outages and questions from all internal and external application by maintaining, prioritization and addressing to respective CIBC technology groups and vendors. You’ll be responsible for maintaining the production applications and day-to-day operational activities, manage escalations and modify established procedures / approaches to suit specific situations including 24 x 7 support and coordination of recovery efforts.
How you’ll succeed
- Production support – Investigate and define operational issues and prioritize based on severity, risk and/or strategic business needs. Manage issue logs and Contact Centre requests. Design and implement solutions to prevent recurrence with the end goal of ensuring clients satisfaction.
- Partnership – Work as a regular liaison with business partners, technology partners, senior management team, internal and external clients. Ensure internal clients are well-informed of the team mandate and nature, including relevant policies and legislation changes. Promote and support the concepts, products and services of the Channel Support area.
- Projects delivery – Act as subject matter expert in the assessment of impacts for planned system changes and projects, ensuring compliance with relevant organization standards (Business, Continuity, Security, Compliance, and Privacy); develop and maintain productive relationships with Technology, QA, Project team and others. Research, evaluate and support the development and implementation of new and/or revised policies, procedures and standards. Investigate, research and provide recommendations on issues and system outages.
Who you are
- You can demonstrate experience in: providing production application Support and have experience with managed Secure File transfer, Feedhub, and Batch scheduling; have experience with defining, implementing changes to, and supporting a production application. You have experience / familiarity with majority of the following technology environments: scripting (shell); SQL and Oracle Databases; Autosys and Feedhub; Version Control Software (Visual Studio); Agile and DevOps concepts. You have strong knowledge of: Linux RedHat and Unix Solaris operating systems; Basic Network Troubleshooting; Secure File Transfer protocols.
- Your influence makes a difference. You know that relationships and networks are essential to success. You inspire outcomes by making yourself heard.
- You're digitally savvy. You seek out innovative solutions and embrace evolving technologies. You can easily adapt to new tools and trends.
- You know that details matter. You notice things that others don't. Your critical thinking skills help to inform your decision making.
- You put our clients first. You engage with purpose to find the right solutions. You go the extra mile, because it's the right thing to do.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values – trust, teamwork, and accountability.
What CIBC offers
At CIBC, your goals are a priority. We start with your strengths and ambitions as an employee and strive to create opportunities to tap into your potential. We aspire to give you a career, rather than just a paycheck.
- We work to recognize you in meaningful, personalized ways including a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, a health benefits program, defined benefit pension plan, an employee share purchase plan and MomentMakers, our social, points-based recognition program
- Our spaces and technological toolkit will make it simple to bring together great minds to create innovative solutions that make a difference for our clients
- We cultivate a culture where you can express your ambition through initiatives like Purpose Day; a paid day off dedicated for you to use to invest in your growth and development