At BPTN – Black Professionals in Tech Network we’re pushing the future of tech forward by creating a space for Black professionals in tech to gather, grow and evolve – all while being a conduit for companies to engage this talent across North America.
We’re here to help Black professionals network, connect with one another, share resources and grow their careers. Our rapidly growing network counts over 50,000 Black professionals. We provide our members with access to mentorship, skill-building opportunities, and a strong peer network to support professional growth and advancement.
Our client is looking for a Application Consultant: Digital Banking (Microservices, Java, Cloud native) who will be at the heart of the company’s Digital Transformation, successfully delivering complex, enterprise-scale technical solutions on modern platforms in Cloud with a variety of system integration and patterns. As a Senior Application Consultant, you have a deep understanding of the architecture and all technical aspects and layers of our system. Your design offers simple, flexible, easily maintainable and personalized solutions that enhance the client experience across main Digital channels.
- Application Architecture and Design: Perform and coordinate complex solution design activities. Understand the business requirements and translate them into system and application design that is aligned with our technology roadmap. Design and document the technical functionality, infrastructure, interfaces and integrations. Lead the design of cost-effective and innovative solutions to meet both business objectives and the goal of operational efficiency.
- Strategy and Roadmap: Contribute to technology roadmaps that are aligned with the bank’s vision, strategy, and business objectives. Lead multiple complex technology solutions while maintaining consistency across the platform, adopting best practices and pushing forward continuous improvements
- Stakeholder Management: Act as the solution lead and interface with the project teams by driving and moderating design review sessions to walk stakeholders through, and ensure that the overall design aligns with business requirements as well as architectural directions. Support and mentor junior designers and developers through knowledge sharing, collaboration and effective problem solving
- You can demonstrate experience in: Microservices architecture, Cloud native concepts, common design/integration patterns, and popular standards like OAuth and Open Banking. Background knowledge on Java/J2EE, Spring/Springboot, Web Services (SOAP, JSON and RESTFul). It is an asset if you are familiar with Agile methodologies and Cloud environments (Kubernetes, Azure/OCP or equivalent)
- You embrace and champion change. You are passionate about being on top of technology trends. You'll continuously evolve your thinking and the way you work in order to deliver your best.
- Your influence makes an impact. You know that relationships and networks are essential to success. You inspire outcomes by making yourself heard.
- You’re digitally savvy. You seek out innovative solutions and embrace evolving technologies. You can easily adapt to new tools and trends.
- You're driven by collective success. You know that collaboration can transform a good idea into a great one. You understand the power of an inclusive team that enjoys working together to create a shared vision.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values – trust, teamwork, and accountability.
- Toronto, ON