At BPTN – Black Professionals in Tech Network we’re pushing the future of tech forward by creating a space for Black professionals in tech to gather, grow and evolve – all while being a conduit for companies to engage this talent across North America.
We’re here to help Black professionals network, connect with one another, share resources and grow their careers. Our rapidly growing network counts over 50,000 Black professionals. We provide our members with access to mentorship, skill-building opportunities, and a strong peer network to support professional growth and advancement.
Our client is looking for an Android Engineer who will build products on a variety of platforms and digital mediums, including web and mobile apps, wearables, and other custom hardware. They are passionate about teaching and learning while creating durable, testable code with a relentless commitment to product quality.
- Create robust, well-tested code to implement impactful software features
- Collaborate with engineers, designers, and product managers, from both Connected and our clients’ teams to deliver large software products
- Take ownership, make an impact, and build a habit of shipping quality products
- Approach every day with an eagerness to learn and build your skills
- Experience in native Android software development with Kotlin and Java
- Strong coding skills with a proven ability to write clean, effective, well-tested code
- Eager to learn new languages, platforms, and technologies
- Comfort with remote collaboration across disciplines
- Familiar with MVVM or MVP architecture in Android
- Familiar with Android Studio performance tools and optimization techniques
- Familiar with RxJava or Kotlin Coroutines
- Passion for building products that positively impact users
- Enthusiasm for Agile methodologies, Pair Programming, and Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience working directly with clients
- Remote – Canada