At BPTN – Black Professionals in Tech Network we’re pushing the future of tech forward by creating a space for Black professionals in tech to gather, grow and evolve – all while being a conduit for companies to engage this talent across North America.
We’re here to help Black professionals network, connect with one another, share resources and grow their careers. Our rapidly growing network counts over 50,000 Black professionals. We provide our members with access to mentorship, skill-building opportunities, and a strong peer network to support professional growth and advancement.
Our client is looking for an Android Developer to join their Toronto team!
- Collaborate with cross functional Agile teams to design, develop and ship new features in the Android App.
- Write clean, well-tested code to build new features, fix bugs and improve the performance of the application.
- Participate in design discussions, peer code reviews and team meetings across iOS and Android.
- Ensure the delivery of a high quality product by building, executing and maintaining automated and manual tests.
- Guide and mentor junior developers.
- Be a team player in a highly collaborative environment.
An Android Developer who thrives working in a great collaborative team!
- 4+ years of experience in developing native Android apps with Kotlin and Java.
- You have a deep experience in designing, developing, testing, and delivering quality mobile applications.
- You appreciate TDD and have written a lot of unit tests using JUnit and mocking frameworks.
- You are experienced with writing UI tests with Espresso.
- You take pride in discovering, evaluating and implementing new technologies that maximize development efficiency.
- You have a portfolio of apps that you’ve developed and successfully released on Google Play.
- You're a self-starter with a strong desire to work on a small collaborative team in an agile environment.
- Toronto, ON