At BPTN – Black Professionals in Tech Network we’re pushing the future of tech forward by creating a space for Black professionals in tech to gather, grow and evolve – all while being a conduit for companies to engage this talent across North America.
We’re here to help Black professionals network, connect with one another, share resources and grow their careers. Our rapidly growing network counts over 50,000 Black professionals. We provide our members with access to mentorship, skill-building opportunities, and a strong peer network to support professional growth and advancement.
Our client is looking for an Android Developer. Being a part of our client’s company means you have a voice. This is a place where your unique background, perspectives and talents are valued, and shape our future success.
You can be your best there. You’re part of a diverse and inclusive workplace where your career and well-being are championed. You’ll have the opportunity to excel in your way, finding new and better ways to deliver exceptional customer and advisor experiences.
Together, as part of a great team, you’ll deliver on our shared purpose to improve the well-being of Canadians. It’s our driving force. Become part of a strong and successful company that’s trusted by millions of Canadians to do the right thing.
The company’s Digital Hub is a team driven by customer needs. We provide expertise and strategic thought leadership that’s fueling the company’s customer experiences.
Our team of experts in design, technology, product and agile work collaboratively with our business partners, creating digital tools that improve our customers’ lives. Come join an organization committed to delivering innovative, digital experiences.
Given the size and scope of our organization, we have the flexibility for this position to be located in the following head office locations: Winnipeg, London, or Toronto.
As an Android Developer, you are responsible for transforming the design and product vision into a seamless and engaging product. You work hard to stay on top of fast changing technology and invest a lot of energy to learn new tricks. You are current on industry trends in mobile development frameworks and anticipate what the near future will bring. You love clean code, clean interfaces and have a real passion for problem solving. As a Mobile Developer, you will also have deep understanding and proven grasp of end-to-end programming and you are eager to write APIs that deliver a great product.
What you will do
- Design and build mobile applications and provide designers with feedback and suggest trade-offs when required
- Ensure the code follows latest coding practices and industry standards
- Work closely with other developers to understand and properly use the systems APIs
- Write both unit and integration tests and develop automation tools for daily tasks
- Challenge ideas and opinions to avoid pitfalls and inefficient solutions
- Help and mentor other members of the team
What you will bring
- An advanced understanding of the model-view view-model concepts and practices used in mobile development
- Understanding of how embedded web views are used and managed with native apps
- 4+ years of experience in mobile development with the Android SDK (API 23 and above), RxJava, Dagger, Retrofit and Room
- Experience with mobile build and release management practices using Fastlane and the Google Play Store console
- Experience with Android Studio, AVD and SDK management certainly an asset
- Understanding of APIs and how to use them in practice
- Experience with mobile build and release management practices using Fastlane, Apple App Store and TestFlight
- Experience with continuous integration tools like JIRA, Bitbucket, Jenkins and Confluence
- Knowledge & experience with UI testing, unit testing and test automation tools and frameworks like Selenium, Jasmine, etc.
- Understanding and flexibility in working in an Agile environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- London, ON
- Toronto, ON
- Winnipeg, MB