We’re building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what’s right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions, so you are empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and are truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You’ll Be Doing
You’ll be joining CIBC’s Direct Investing and advice group and be responsible for providing analysis and support on client issues, technical issues, system/web site outages and questions from all Internal and External application by maintaining, prioritization and addressing to respective CIBC Technology groups and Vendors. You will also be responsible for maintaining the production applications and day-to-day operational activities, manage escalations and modify established procedures / approaches to suit specific situations including 24 x 7 support and coordination of recovery efforts.
How You’ll Succeed
- Production Support – Investigate and resolve application and operational issues, prioritizing based on severity, risk and/or strategic business needs. Design and implement solutions to prevent recurrence with the end goal of ensuring application reliability and client satisfaction using basic network troubleshooting
- Projects Support – Act as subject matter expert in the assessment of impacts for planned system changes and projects, ensuring compliance with relevant organization standards (Business, Continuity, Security, Compliance, and Privacy). Develop and maintain productive relationships with Technology Operations, QA, Project team and others. Research, analyze and support the deployment and implementation of new and/or revised application packages, policies, procedures and standards.
- Analysis & Support: Evaluate ongoing activities and requests to ensure adherence to standards and processes. Coordinate and/or execute implementation plans.
- The Analyst, Production Application Support is responsible for providing technical expertise to support application and infrastructure technologies and small to medium initiatives in a multi-platform environment in compliance with applicable methodologies, standards, policies, and processes. The role troubleshoots problems, evaluating service requests to identify inconsistencies, analyzing potential impact, and taking corrective action in accordance with documented service standards.
Who You Are
- You can demonstrate experience in: 2+ years of experience supporting various applications, off-the-shelf vendor applications, Secure File transfer, and Batch scheduling. Knowledge of Java is important as you’ll need to be able to look at logs to identify where problems start.
- SQL knowledge is great – especially writing SQL Queries, in order to find information about various problems.
- Knowledge oAzure/OCP is helpful as CIBC is migrating applications from on-premise to cloud.
- Finally knowledge of application monitoring tools (e.g. Splunk and Dynatrace), or team collaboration (e.g. MS Teams, Confluence, and JIRA) will help you get acclimated quickly.
- You’re driven by collective success. You know that collaboration can transform a good idea into a great one. You understand the power of an inclusive team that enjoys working together to bring a shared vision to life.
- You give meaning to data. You enjoy investigating complex problems, and making sense of information. You’re confident in your ability to communicate detailed information in an impactful way.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values – trust, teamwork, and accountability.
Not sure if you qualify? Think about applying anyway!:
We understand that not everyone brings 100% of the skills and experience for the role. At CIBC, we offer opportunities to a diverse group including those with a variety of workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you are new to corporate tech, returning to work after a gap in employment, or looking to transition and take the next step in your career, we are excited to learn more about you and encourage you to apply.
What CIBC offers
At CIBC, your goals are a priority. We start with your strengths and ambitions as an employee and strive to create opportunities to tap into your potential. We aspire to give you a career, rather than just a paycheck.
- We work to recognize you in meaningful, personalized ways including a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, a health benefits program, defined benefit pension plan, an employee share purchase plan and MomentMakers, our social, points-based recognition program.
- Our spaces and technological toolkit will make it simple to bring together great minds to create innovative solutions that make a difference for our clients.
- We cultivate a culture where you can express your ambition through initiatives like Purpose Day; a paid day off dedicated for you to use to invest in your growth and development.
What you need to know
CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation, please contact Mailbox.firstname.lastname@example.org
You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit.
Toronto-CC East 8th Floor