At BPTN – Black Professionals in Tech Network we’re pushing the future of tech forward by creating a space for Black professionals in tech to gather, grow and evolve – all while being a conduit for companies to engage this talent across North America.
We’re here to help Black professionals network, connect with one another, share resources and grow their careers. Our rapidly growing network counts over 50,000 Black professionals. We provide our members with access to mentorship, skill-building opportunities, and a strong peer network to support professional growth and advancement.
Our client is looking for an Agile Project Manager & Facilitator to join their PMO team! The team is composed of many highly talented enthusiastic individuals who ensure the services and offerings from the company are available to both internal and external customers.
The Agile Project Manager & Facilitator is responsible for planning, leading, organizing, and motivating project teams, so they can respond rapidly, efficiently, and effectively to change, while focused on the following goals.
- Achieve a high level of performance and quality.
- Deliver projects that incrementally provide exceptional business value to the company.
The Agile Project Manager & Fawill manage several concurrent high-visibility projects using Agile / Lean techniques in a fast-paced, geo-diverse environment that cross multiple business divisions. Where project team’s practices are not Agile/Lean, the Project Manager will help teams to develop and then hone an Agile / Lean practice. As part of the successful execution of any project, the Project Manager will also ensure that stakeholders are updated as to project health. The Project Manager will also lead periodic strategy meetings around project and program execution. The Project Manager will also help to maintain and improve project management related processes, documentation, and policies.
- Solid understanding of SDLC and DevOps models as well as knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and methods, with the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment.
- A proven track record of successfully implementing technology projects using Agile / Lean techniques, including experience as a Project Manager managing large, complex projects in a high-tech environment with multi-function teams.
- Prior experience with Kanban and/or Scrum methodologies with enterprise-level projects. KMP, CSM, PMI-ACP, or equivalent certification(s) preferred.
- Ability to provide servant-leadership to Technology Engineers and collaborate with the Kobo and Rakuten communities to foster strategies and solutions of high business value.
Essential Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of experience helping organizations move from traditional project management principles and practices to more Agile / Lean approaches.
- A deep understanding of both iterative development and iterative change such that you can help develop agile capacities progressively and without unnecessary disruption.
- The know-how & sound judgment to help teams deliver large, complex, mission-critical, enterprise-level projects both predictably and without overburdening.
- The ability to play a consultative role, helping teams, team leads, and managers to utilize the appropriate people, process, and tools, to incrementally improve team efficiency and effectiveness.
- Experience in team development & coaching teams so that they can better meet their commitments, remove roadblocks and leverage organizational resources to improve capacity for project work.
- An understand of how to support the Product Owner in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance.
- Experience in helping to both craft and improve a well-defined and flexible project management process that supports agile / lean practices.
- A desire to work collaboratively with other project managers, always with an eye to helping game-up, both personally and collectively
- Achieve the project goals within designated project constraints.
- Effective interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building.
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands.
- Knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish / maintain high levels of trust and confidence.
- Proven ability to lead technology projects and ensure objectives / goals, and commitments are met.
- Solid understanding of, and demonstrated experience in, using appropriate tools:
- Agile Project Management tools such as Jira, Asana or equivalent
- All Microsoft Office Tools
- Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view.
- Toronto, Ontario